Friday 25 March 2016

Definite Chief Aim - the starting point of phenomenal success!


Creating a Definite Chief Aim for yourself is a way to supercharge yourself to achieve great success which you never dreamt before. 

Aligning yourself with a major purpose gives you clarity. It helps you to create a laser-like focus in your endeavors.

The term, Definite Chief Aim


The term, Definite Chief Aim, comes from the success philosophy of Napoleon Hill. We can learn this in detail from his powerful books, The Law of Success (1928) and Think and Grow Rich (1937). 


He says strongly held Definite Chief Aim transforms your mind into a powerful magnet which attracts the people and circumstances necessary to accomplish your desire.

Napoleon Hill writes with 100 percent confidence:

"When a man seriously decides about the Definite Chief Aim of his life, 
the whole universe seems to come to his aid to see that he gets it."

There are hundreds of success stories which prove the words of Napoleon Hill. 

Here we are going to read a dramatic description of how Arnold Schwarzenegger was able to visualise his definite chief aim well in advance and make it into reality later.

100 Ways to Motivate Yourself


In his amazing book ‘100 Ways to Motivate Yourself’, journalist and motivational speaker Steve Chandler narrates about his first interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger which happened several years back.

How Arnold visualised his Definite Chief Aim.

“Arnold Schwarzenegger was not famous yet in 1976 when he and I had lunch together at the Doubletree Inn in Tucson, Arizona. Not one person in the restaurant recognized him. 

He was in town publicizing the movie Stay Hungry, a box-office disappointment he had just made. I was a sports columnist for the Tucson Citizen at the time. 

My assignment was to write a feature story about him for our newspaper’s Sunday magazine. And although I took to it with an uninspired attitude, it was one I’d never forget.

Perhaps the most memorable part of that day with Schwarzenegger occurred when we took an hour for lunch. I had my reporter’s notebook out and was asking questions for the story while we ate. 

At one point I casually asked him, “Now that you have retired from bodybuilding, what are you going to do next?”

With a voice as calm as if he were telling me about some mundane travel plans, he said, “I’m going to be the number-one box-office star in all of Hollywood.”

Mind you, this was not the slim, aerobic Arnold we know today. This man was pumped up and huge.


I tried not to show my shock and amusement at his plan. After all, his first attempt at movies didn’t promise much. And his Austrian accent and awkward, monstrous build didn’t suggest instant acceptance by movie audiences. 

I finally managed to match his calm demeanor, and I asked him just how he planned to become Hollywood’s top star.

“It’s the same process I used in bodybuilding,” he explained. “What you do is create a vision of who you want to be, and then live into that picture as if it were already true.”

It sounded ridiculously simple. Too simple to mean anything. But I wrote it down. And I never forgot it.

I’ll never forget the moment when some entertainment TV show was saying that box office receipts from his second Terminator movie had made him the most popular box office draw in the world.


Over the years I’ve used Arnold’s idea of creating a vision as a motivational tool. I’ve also elaborated on it in my corporate training seminars. 

He did not say that you wait until you receive a vision. You create one. In other words, you make your own definite chief aim.”

Decide upon your Definite Chief Aim

Once you’ve decided upon your Definite Chief Aim, all of your decisions and actions align with your major purpose.


The next step is to develop a white hot heat of desire for it. Become obsessive. Think about it night and day.  You will achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment